Learning to Change the Air Filter and Fuel Filter Can Prolong a Car’s Life
Mesa Arizona’s Accurate Automotive can confidently boast the East Valley’s best service at the most reasonable prices. And a big part of this stems from the fact that Accurate Automotive strives to always keep their customers in the loop when it comes to automotive maintenance and repair. Accurate Automotive operates under the philosophy that providing customers with relevant information can help them to keep their cars operating smoothly and optimally. In this article, Accurate provides drivers with some information on a vehicle’s air filter and fuel filter. In doing so, Accurate hopes to help keep drivers’ cars out of the shop and on the road.
Why change a vehicle’s filters?
As the name indicates, a filter on a car filters out the good from the bad so as to prevent harmful substances from entering the working parts of a vehicle. The air filter removes particles from the air traveling into the engine, and the fuel filter does the same for the fuel. But once the filters remove these particles, the harmful substances remain in the filters unless and until somebody replaces them.
How often should an air filter and fuel filter be replaced?
While different types of vehicles have different requirements, generally speaking an air filter should be replaced once a year and a fuel filter should be replaced every two years. The technicians at Accurate Automotive can handle this for customers, or customers can handle replacement personally if they are so inclined.
How does one change the air filter?
- Pick up a new air filter from an auto parts shop.
- Pop the hood of the vehicle and allow the engine to cool.
- Locate the air filter – it is enclosed in a plastic box near the top of the engine.
- Open the air filter casing with a screwdriver by loosening all of the plastic clips and removing the screws if there are any.
- Remove the air filter from the casing and examine the filter. If it has collected dirt and grime, then replacement is appropriate.
- Replace the air filter, secure the casing back to the engine and close the hood.
How does one replace a vehicle’s fuel filter?
- Pop the hood of the car and locate the fuel filter. Finding the fuel filter can be difficult – it is sometimes located near the air filter, but other times it is assembled in the fuel tank. To spot the filter, search for the fuel line and follow it to the filter. If it is located in the fuel tank, then this job is probably best left to the technicians at Accurate Automotive.
- Remove the fuel line from the fuel filter and plug the fuel line with a small object to prevent fuel from spilling.
- Loosen the bolts on the fuel filter and remove it from the vehicle.
- Once the filter is removed, a second line coming from the other side will be seen. This line also needs to be removed from the filter and plugged with another small object.
- Replace the old filter with the new filter, taking these steps in reverse order. Be sure to slide the lines all the way up on the filter so they are entirely secure.
- Replace the bolts on the filter and start the car.
- While the car is running, examine the new filter to ensure that no fuel is leaking.
- If no fuel is leaking, then the new filter is assembled properly.
What about drivers who are not comfortable working on their own vehicle?
Accurate Automotive is always ready to assist drivers with vehicle maintenance and repair. With over 16 years in the East Valley, Accurate Automotive can be counted on to quickly and effectively replace a car’s air filter and fuel filter.
Accurate Automotive twice found problems I'd been dealing with for 2+ years that several other shops couldn't find and charged a minimal fee to do so. I highly recommend them.Maureen Blindu
Accurate Automotive is my new best friend! Diagnosed a warranty issue on my Honda HRV and saved me $2200 over the dealership repair. Lee followed up to make sure the dealership was handling the issue. Great service and integrity. Happy to have found such an honest and reliable mechanic.Rebecca S.
Lee who owns Accurate Automotive is very knowledgeable, personable and service is definitely his #1 Priority. If it weren't for Lee I wouldn't have gotten started on the restoration of my 1973 Corvette which has been extensive. A complete Overhaul and Rebuild that has brought my Hot Rod back to Life. I will always recommend Accurate Automotive to others. They're the Best!Patrick Donovan
Excellent customer service! Josh was very helpful & respectful explaining things. I've taken my car here a few times now and it's been a great experience each time. Thank you Lee & Kelly for the way you run your business! I highly recommend Accurate Automotive with confidence!Lorina Patterson
If you're looking for an honest and fair auto repair shop Accurate is the place. We have had a variety of cars both new and old and have dealt with other shops and dealerships for repairs, I wish we had found Accurate Automotive sooner! Their customer service is the best by far and they actually care about your vehicle and you as a customer.Angela J.
Everything was great! I think my favorite part was that they didn't try to sell me on anything, Aussie(Josh :D) made a recommendation for my next service(new air filter- not a $500 package or anything). They were very friendly, fast, and affordable! The free rides they offer while they service your vehicle - another must-have!!!! I will be back 100%! Highly recommend!Ashley Snoozy